JJ Thompson is the sole distributor for SomnoMed® UK.
‘My sleep apnea and snoring problems were having a huge impact on the quality of my life, not to mention my wife’s. When I first came across SomnoDent I was hopeful, but unsure just how much impact one small appliance could have.
My doubts were dispelled as soon as I started to use it. SomnoDent stopped my snoring almost instantly, and I have never looked back. It’s easy-to-use, comfortable, and most importantly, I can now enjoy a good night’s sleep. I don’t know who is more thrilled – me or my wife!’
SomnoMed® is the global leader in COAT™ (Continuous Open Airway Therapy) and provides clinically proven diagnostic and treatment options for sleep-related breathing disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and sleep bruxism.
SomnoMed® develops, produces and distributes the clinically-proven, world-class SomnoDent® sleep apnea devices. More than 250,000 people in 27 countries around the world have been treated with SomnoDent® appliances.
Comfortable for Patients
- 88% of patients reported regular use of their SomnoDent® device
- The unique SMH BFlex technology provides unparalleled comfort
- Patients can easily talk and open/ close their mouths and lips whilst wearing their device
- Manufactured at an ISO 13485 certified facility
- Customised using the highest quality acrylic which does not discolour or attract odours
- Device life expectancy 3-5 years
- All devices have a 3 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- The first and only dorsal fin oral device with an optional micro-recorder that objectively records compliance data
- Reports include the hours a device is worn and patient’s supine or non-supine head position
SomnoDent® and compliance recording
- All SomnoDent® devices can be fitted with a compliance recorder to measure clinical treatment, especially among CPAP intolerant patients
- In the US, SomnoDent® devices will be the first and only dorsal fin oral devices with compliance recorder powered by DentiTrac and in countries outside of the US, all SomnoDent® devices will be the only oral devices with compliance recorder powered by DentiTrac.
With an unmatched level of investment in clinical research and product development, SomnoMed® is committed to clinically validating and ensuring our devices’ comfort, quality, compliance and efficacy.
There are more than 17 clinical publications reporting the efficacy, compliance and outcomes data for oral appliances compared to CPAP. The key findings are:
- After 2 years, patients undergoing CPAP and oral appliance treatments showed the same rates of improvement
- Oral appliances are the preferred treatment
- Better compliance rates for oral appliances
- Oral appliances performed as well as CPAP on blood pressure
- Both CPAP and oral appliances lowered morning blood pressure
- 96% of patients stated they would like to continue using their SomnoDent® appliance
For more information about clinical evidence and outcomes from oral appliances, visit the SomnoMed® website - http://somnomed.com/uk/dentists/compliance-recording/