JJ Thompson is the sole distributor for SomnoMed® UK.
‘My sleep apnoea and snoring problems were having a huge impact on the quality of my life, not to mention my wife’s. When I first came across SomnoDent I was hopeful, but unsure just how much impact one small appliance could have.
My doubts were dispelled as soon as I started to use it. SomnoDent stopped my snoring almost instantly, and I have never looked back. It’s easy-to-use, comfortable, and most importantly, I can now enjoy a good night’s sleep. I don’t know who is more thrilled – me or my wife!’
SomnoMed® is the global leader in Mandibular Advancement Device Therapy, and provides clinically proven treatment options for sleep-related breathing disorders such as obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) and sleep bruxism.
SomnoMed® develops, produces and distributes the clinically-proven, world-class SomnoDent® sleep apnoea devices. More than 500,000 people in 28 countries around the world have been treated with SomnoDent® appliances.
Comfortable for Patients
- 88% of patients reported regular use of their SomnoDent® device
- The unique SMH BFlex technology provides unparalleled comfort
- Patients can easily talk and open/ close their mouths and lips whilst wearing their device
- Manufactured at an ISO 13485 certified facility
- Customised using the highest quality acrylic which does not discolour or attract odours
- Device life expectancy 3-5 years
- All devices have a 2-year warranty against manufacturing defects
With an unmatched level of investment in clinical research and product development, SomnoMed® is committed to clinically validating and ensuring our devices’ comfort, quality, compliance and efficacy.
There are more than 17 clinical publications reporting the efficacy, compliance and outcomes data for oral appliances compared to CPAP. The key findings are:
- After 2 years, patients undergoing CPAP and oral appliance treatments showed the same rates of improvement
- Oral appliances are the preferred treatment
- Better compliance rates for oral appliances
- Oral appliances performed as well as CPAP on blood pressure
- Both CPAP and oral appliances lowered morning blood pressure
- 96% of patients stated they would like to continue using their SomnoDent® appliance
For more information about clinical evidence and outcomes from oral appliances, visit the SomnoMed® website.