Digital Bracket Placement
Digital Bracket Placement – from JJ Thompson
In any practice, the most valuable resource is your time. Accurate bracket positioning is an essential, yet time-consuming element of many treatments, with most fixed appliances still requiring a lot of time and attention during the direct bonding process. It takes a great deal of orthodontic skill to attain the optimum bracket position the first time round. The slightest miscalculation can lead to more adjustment appointments, complex wire bending and prolonged treatment times.
Our computer-aided bracket placement service determines the exact digital placement coordinates for each bracket. Then, through the use of our in-house, cutting-edge 3D printing technology, two-layer bonding trays are manufactured with unrivalled accuracy.
What are the benefits?
Clinical excellence - outcomes are more accurate, predictable and consistent, adjustments to bracket positions and wire are minimised or eliminated and patient satisfaction is increased
Fast and efficient - greatly reducing bracket placement time
Ultimate control – prior to tray fabrication, the file will be sent to you for review and approval. At this point you have the opportunity to request any alterations
Easy and flexible - compatible with most popular straight wire bracket systems, we can use your brackets or you can choose from our extensive library
How it works
- Open an account on our customer portal.
- Decide what brackets you want to use.
- Upload your patient’s records (3D models, images, X-rays) to the customer portal. We accept .STL files from any intra-oral or desktop scanner, provided the quality is good and there are separate files for the upper and lower arches in correct occlusal orientation.
- You’ll receive a bracket placement plan showing the optimum bracket positions for your review and approval. This is your opportunity to request any refinements should they be required.
- Once approved, JJ Thompson will manufacture your bonding trays using 3D printing technology and ship them directly to you.
- You can then use the trays chair-side for quick and efficient bonding.
- Your plan is posted within 4 business days from submission (subject to all submitted data being correct)
- Trays are shipped within 3 business from your approval
- The average cycle is currently 9 business days
For more information about digital bracket placement, please get in touch.